Please carefully review the information below before you return to the studio for in-person classes:
We are working hard to follow all guidelines to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and community as we navigate the reopening process. Please understand that we are doing our best to make this transition as seamless as possible, and we will also do our best to keep you updated as things organically adjust. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Below is a ton of important information about what we are doing to maintain the safety of our community, what we need from you during this time, and updates to our policies and procedures.
We continue to remain committed to the health and safety of our community, if there is any possible incident of exposure to COVID-19 at the studio we will immediately halt operations and implement all recommended CDC procedures.
Here is what you need to know as we get started:
- You can now view the most up-to-date schedule on MindBody
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 as detailed by the CDC, please do not attend in-person classes at the studio. If you have been in recent contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend in-person classes until the end of the recommended self-quarantine period, and/or if you are unable to self-quarantine (for instance, due to your job), please consider not attending in-person classes until advised that it is safe to do so by the relevant authorities.. The safety of our community is of the highest importance as we reopen our physical studio space.
- If you are awaiting test results for a COVID-19 test please do not attend in-person classes. If you have received positive test results for a COVID-19 test and have reason to believe that you were infected while attending an in-person class please let management know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
- If you exhibit signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 and/or otherwise fail to comply with our updated studio protocols and procedures for reopening, you will be asked to leave the studio.
- In order to maintain the recommended physical distance between all students and staff during your time at the studio, we are limiting class sizes and REQUIRING ALL STUDENTS TO PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES through MindBody.
- If you do not already have an account set up in MindBody, be sure to do so ASAP so that we can ensure your account is linked to your active membership. If you are a monthly member and your account is showing unpaid email us or we can reconcile your account before class.
- If you do not cancel your class reservation in MindBody at least six (6) hours in advance of the class start time, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of $20.00 ($10 for monthly and annual members) (except in the case of COVID-related health concerns and/or other emergencies at management’s discretion). If you need your fee waived due to illness or extenuating circumstances, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours after notification of the late cancellation fee.
- All students will be required to sign a new liability waiver before attending classes in person. Please review and complete our updated liability waiver here.
- We will continue to live stream classes online and upload recorded classes. Live, online classes are included in our yearly and monthly memberships or are available for purchase if you do not have a yearly or monthly membership.
- When you are not on your mat, we strongly encourage you to wear a face covering if you are not vaccinated, especially in areas where physical distance cannot be maintained. This includes arrival/check-in and departure, gathering props, filling up water bottles, waiting for restrooms, etc.
- We strongly encourage you to bring your own props. We will only be providing props that are easily sanitized and will no longer provide bolsters or blankets for free, you can rent them for $2 a piece if needed.
- If you are attending a Yin or Restorative Class we ask that you bring at least two blankets. Yoga bolsters are recommended for Restorative if you have one. If you don't have one most pillows or rolled up blankets will work. We have blocks and straps available for use.
- In the event that a teacher or staff member is experiencing signs or symptoms of illness, classes may be cancelled with little or no notice if a substitute instructor is not available.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in. Due to the nature of our new protocols, the doors will be locked promptly at the start of class and no late arrivals will be admitted into class. Late arrivals will be considered a late cancellation and charged the late cancellation fee.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before class start time. Upon arrival and check in, you will receive a bin in which to store your shoes and personal items. This bin will go with you to your mat to contain all of your personal items (please don't put personal items on the floor). Cell phones must be silenced and stored in cubbies. All shoes most be removed at entry and also stored with your personal items, not on the studio floor. If you have large items you need to store there are shelves provided.
- We have placed markers on the studio floor to indicate mat placement that complies with physical distancing recommendations. Please align the top of your mat with the mandala sticker on the floor.
- Please exit out the back doors of the studio in the prop area or by the restrooms. Continue to maintain a safe distance from others as you gather your personal items, return your props, and exit.
- We ask that you exit the studio in a timely manner so that we can thoroughly clean between classes.
- Please limit your in-person attendance to one class per day to better allow us to serve as many students as possible. If the class has plenty of space you may attend more than one per day but if there is a waitlist and you are signed up for multiple classes your name may be removed by staff.
Lastly, please understand that by your participation in in-person classes at Vasa the Studio, you acknowledge and accept the risks associated with potential exposure to COVID-19, which cannot be completely eliminated even with our increased and compliant sanitization and safety efforts.
Words cannot express our gratitude for your continued support over these last few months (and years). Stay well and we look forward to seeing you again VERY soon!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us by emailing email@example.com and someone from our team will respond to you as soon as possible.