Please carefully review the information below before you return to the studio for in-person classes:
We are working hard to follow all guidelines to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and community as we navigate the reopening process. Please understand that we are doing our best to make this transition as seamless as possible, and we will also do our best to keep you updated as things organically adjust. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Below is a ton of important information about what we are doing to maintain the safety of our community, what we need from you during this time, and updates to our policies and procedures.
In-person classes will begin on Saturday June 13th.
Beginning July 1st, all monthly auto-renew memberships will return to the original, contracted rate. If you cannot return to the studio because of reasons related to COVID-19, but would like to maintain your membership with online access at a reduced rate of $40/month, you must contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your payment adjusted. All adjustments are subject to management approval.
Here is what you need to know as we get started:
- You can now view the most up-to-date schedule on MindBody
- We will reopen with the same schedule as we have been using online. As classes fill up and demand increases we will begin adding classes back into our schedule as early as July 1st.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 as detailed by the CDC, please do not attend in-person classes at the studio. If you have been in recent contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend in-person classes until the end of the recommended self-quarantine period, and/or if you are unable to self-quarantine (for instance, due to your job), please consider not attending in-person classes until advised that it is safe to do so by the relevant authorities.. The safety of our community is of the highest importance as we reopen our physical studio space.
- If you exhibit signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 and/or otherwise fail to comply with our updated studio protocols and procedures for reopening, you will be asked to leave the studio.
- In order to maintain the recommended physical distance between all students and staff during your time at the studio, we are limiting class sizes and REQUIRING ALL STUDENTS TO PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES through MindBody.
- If you do not already have an account set up in MindBody, be sure to do so ASAP so that we can ensure your account is linked to your active membership. If you are a monthly member and your account is showing unpaid email us or we can reconcile your account before class.
- If you do not cancel your class reservation in MindBody at least twelve (12) hours in advance of the class start time, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of $20.00 (except in the case of COVID-related health concerns and/or other emergencies at management’s discretion). If you need your fee waived due to illness or extenuating circumstances, please email us at email@example.com within 48 hours after notification of the late cancellation fee.
- All students will be required to sign a new liability waiver before attending classes in person. Please review and complete our updated liability waiver here.
- We will continue to live stream classes online and upload recorded classes. Live, online classes are included in our yearly and monthly memberships or are available for purchase if you do not have a yearly or monthly membership.
- When attending in-person classes please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from students and staff at all times. Please avoid congregating and consider avoiding physical contact with other students in the studio.
- When you are not on your mat, we strongly encourage you to wear a face covering, especially in areas where physical distance cannot be maintained. This includes arrival/check-in and departure, gathering props, filling up water bottles, waiting for restrooms, etc.
- We strongly encourage you to bring your own props. We will only be providing props that are easily sanitized and will no longer provide bolsters or blankets.
- If you are attending a Yin or Restorative Class we ask that you bring at least two blankets. Yoga bolsters are recommended for Restorative if you have one. We have blocks and straps available for use.
- In the event that a teacher or staff member is experiencing signs or symptoms of illness, classes may be cancelled with little or no notice if a substitute instructor is not available
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in. Due to the nature of our new protocols, the doors will be locked promptly at the start of class and no late arrivals will be admitted into class. Late arrivals will be considered a late cancellation and charged the late cancellation fee.
- Come prepared for class - changing rooms will not be available and restrooms should not be used for changing.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before class start time. Upon arrival and check in, you will receive a bin in which to store your shoes and personal items. This bin will be placed next to your mat during your practice.
- We have placed markers on the studio floor to indicate mat placement that complies with physical distancing recommendations. Please align the top of your mat with the blue strip of tape, as shown in the informational video below.
- Studio staff is under strict instruction to avoid physical contact with all students and to maintain 6 feet of distance as best as possible- no exceptions (we miss you but your safety is what matters most to us!)
- Please exit out the back door of the studio in the prop area. Continue to maintain a safe distance from others as you gather your personal items, return your props, and exit.
- There will be clearly indicated spaces for used props to be set aside for sanitizing.
- We ask that you exit the studio in a timely manner so that we can thoroughly clean between classes.
- Please limit your in-person attendance to one class per day to better allow us to serve as many students as possible. If the class has plenty of space you may attend more than one per day but if there is a waitlist and you are signed up for multiple classes your name may be removed by staff.
Lastly, please understand that by your participation in in-person classes at Vasa the Studio, you acknowledge and accept the risks associated with potential exposure to COVID-19, which cannot be completely eliminated even with our increased and compliant sanitization and safety efforts.
Words cannot express our gratitude for your continued support over these last few months (and years). Stay well and we look forward to seeing you again VERY soon!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will respond to you as soon as possible.